Located on 99 Washington Street
The original owner of this land was Elijah Lathrop. In 1807 it was transferred to his grandson, John Lathrop who may have had this house built, although there is no house mentioned in the deed.
The next owner was Jonathan Dodge who purchased the property in 1832. The use of Greek Revival ornament indicates the house was probably built for him. In 1836 Jedediah Huntington purchased the property with dwelling house and barn, and it remained in his family until 1870s when he left it in his will as a home for aged women as a memorial to his wife, Eliza.